Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Another day, another dollar

So, I'm not feeling all that great today. Think I've come down with a cold, which is ultra gay. I kinda wanted to hammer out a ton of hands today as it's my last day of non-school packed days.

I was supposed do something with my sister in the afternoon, but I cancelled that as I didn't feel like getting out of bed. I did have to go to my crappy job from 3-7 though. Good thing I didn't even bother to change if from my school hours. I could not handle full time over Christmas. Playing poker is so much more fun than taking phonecalls. Anyways, I got out of bed in time to go to work. Work sucked, as usual, so I won't talk about it too much.

I came home, hung out with my gf, but she was watching Grey's Anatomy DVDs, so I opened up a few tables and played a couple hundred hands and made like $30ish, nothing special. Then, scrounged up some food, and had a late dinner around 8.

9 pm, there were actually 3 3/6 games going on AP, and 1 2/4 game, so I decided to crank out a couple hours of 4-tabling to make some rakeback money, and hopefully tear up these tables that are getting softer and softer every day.

Overall, including the first couple hundred I put in before dinner, I put in 664 hands, a light day, unfortunately, between 2/4 and 3/6, still on AP and Stars. I managed to play well/run decent again and I cleared another $192.87 at the tables, and cleared $10 of bonus on AP.

I was trying to think of some interesting hands, and I think what I'd like to point out today is how hilarious some of these guys on AP are. Like, a lot of them are pretty tight, so the games play pretty TAG, but they almost all try the same stupid bluff attempts in heads up pots. It doesn't matter whether I raise from UTG, or open from the button, there are guys who auto-raise the flops, or wait for the turn every single time. It's gold. Here are a few examples:

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
7 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is SB with 7d Ac
5 folds, Hero raises, BB calls.

Flop: 6h 2s 8h (4SB, 2 players)
Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls.

Turn: 8d (4BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets, Hero calls.

River: Js (6BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks.

Results:
Final pot: 6BB

Villain shows T9... Ok, he had a gutterball. I'm never folding an ace in these situations though. I've played more than enough against that guy to expect something like that.


Here's another fun one... This guy was an unknown, I hadn't played against him at all before today, and hopefully he hangs around AP for a while, but I doubt he'll last long.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with Ah Qd
3 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero raises, BB calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: 4d 8c Ad (8SB, 4 players)
Hero bets, BB calls, 2 folds.

Turn: 8d (5BB, 2 players)
Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls.

River: 5s (9BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 11BB

Villain shows 22, without a diamond. And he literally INSTA raised the turn. It was classic.

Anyways, there's one more I'm concerned with, which I'm going to post in the FCP forums, so check it out there if you are interested. I played TT vs a player on AP that I had such a good read on, but failed to act on my read, and that really dissappointed me. Anyways, here's the link: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forum/index.php?showtopic=84135. Check it out, and give me your opinions.

Anyways, that's all the interesting stuff I can think of for tonight's sessions.

As an aside, my Penguins hammered the Hurricanes tonight 3-0, with the phenom Sidney Crosby picking up 2G and 1A. He is unreal, and will be the first 19 year old to ever lead the league in scoring, barring an injury. I practically guarantee it.

Anyways, seems like bed time, or perhaps I'll browse the forums a little bit. Strat has been pretty dead lately, and we need to find a way to increase traffic. Another guy on the forum and I submitted a proposal for ideas on how to make it better and increase traffic, but still no feedback on it from any of the admins or Daniel Negreanu, although my understanding is that he is a busy man. :P

Well, here are some final numbers, through tonight.

Bankroll:
AP - $1325.88
Stars - $354.75
Total - $1680.63

My January rakeback has been calculated as well, and I'm due $568.12, so theoretically, my roll is up to $2250ish.

I had actually made a mini-goal of having $2500 by the time I get paid that money on Jan 15th, and so far, I'm only like $250 from there. In terms of my goal from yesterday's post, I'll be withdrawing $1000 as soon as I hit $2500, actually in my accounts, so it'll be either Jan 15th, when RB gets paid, or if I somehow get there before that, and I'll be down to $1500 again to continue grinding 2/4 and 3/6.

Unfortunately, school starts again tomorrow.... puke.... I gotta get some sleep.

- Zach

No comments: