Saturday, January 13, 2007

Downswinging...

Well, haven't posted in a few days, and well, it's because I've been losing money like crazy.

I guess we can call it the cash out curse.

Went back to AP, and had a rollercoast ride, went down a ton, then worked it back, then down, then back, and so on. Each time, over the last few days, that I sit at the tables, in about 5 minutes, I'm down $200 before I even get settled. My worst day was a -$500ish day on Thursday.

I'm losing runner runner everything, every flush draw, straight draw, 2 pair draw, etc is hitting on me, and I'm obviously missing every 15 outer I have.

I know, I know, we've all heard it before. That is why I haven't bothered to post a whine about it.

And I won't do that in this one either, well, anymore than I did above.

This should tell the story, anyways (click for full size image)



Anyways, standard stuff, like 8s7s on a board of 6s5x4s, turn 5, river 5, obv not the 5s, and he has AA for the boat, in a MONSTER pot that I oh so sexily built up by being awesome at playing my relative postion... oh well.

Another nice one, 4c6c in the BB. Flop 753r, dude donks, I raise, some EP limper calls, turn Q, same guy donks, I raise, both call again. River Q, he donks AGAIN, I just call, other guy calls. Donk shows Q5o, EP has AA...lol.

Or the more standard stuff, like KK on 8 high flops, where the guy donks the flop, and turn, and I raise on all of them, only to have the river be an Ace to pair him up.

Even worse is that my hands weren't being paid off. AQ on a flop of QQx, but the flush gets there on the turn, and villain donks it, so I really couldn't raise, but he shows KQ. A blank turn and I make a ton of bets.

Another one with 77, flop K76, I lead, LP calls, one of the blinds times out and uses his all in protection, with KQ, so I miss a bet on each street, at least from him. To make things worse, turn is a 6, and the other guy has J6, and I get like 3 BB out of him total. He raise/called the turn, and just called the river. :(

Anyways, I said I wouldn't complain, but I did. Whatever, lol.

My SH confidence is a bit shot these days, but I think I've been playing well, aside from making too many loose calldowns, which I think I corrected today, but we'll see how it works out.

I ended up making about $80 today with like $50 on the tables and $30 in bonus cleared. I probably made about $75 in RB in addition to that as well. SH just racks up the rakeback, I'm almost at exactly what I was at for all of December already, in terms of MGR.

Anyways, my Penguins play on TV tomorrow, which is rare, as I barely ever get to see them up here, so I'll be busy until like 5, but I will almost definitely play from 5 until 9ish tomorrow, and then I'm going to get drunk and party! It's been quite some time since I've been out, but I got my first withdrawal yesterday, paid off my buddy today, and bought my books, and have about $250 leftover, so I'll enjoy it. Been a while since I had some money to spend, outside of poker.

Finally, BR is up(down) to $1226.42 on AP entirely. That means I'm down about $400ish total since leaving VC, but I did drop about $350 there before getting the bonus, and of course that includes the AP bonuses cleared, overall the downswing was about $1000, roughly. Thank god for bonuses to keep me afloat. Also, I'm starting to feel a bit better now, and feel like things will turn around at the tables. I envision a nice quick 1000-1500 hands tomorrow, and a quick $300 or so profit, if all goes well. I do still feel like I'm playing well. Oh, and RB payment on Monday, w00t. That will boost the roll nicely, as I'm due about $600.

I'm off to bed, cheers.

- Zach

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

week with no update....what's happening

Zach6668 said...

I'd update it... but I can't seem to login to update it...

maybe this will work...

Zach6668 said...

well, it got me signed in, but i can't do anything...wtf... i'll look into this tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

well I hope you are able to get in soon. Your blog is one of the few that I actually was following

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I really don't know wtf is going on. Ever since I deleted IE7, and went back to 6. I can't go back to 7 yet because it gays up Tribeca... we'll see. If I'm bored at school, I'll see if it works there.