Friday, January 5, 2007

Takin it easy...

Well, on Wednesday, I didn't play too much. I was feelin pretty sick, and had a bit of a fever, so I wasn't very sharp, but I managed to play a little bit, and make about $115. I don't think I played optimally, however. I made some really loose call downs that didn't work out, and spewed a little bit here and there. Meh.

I did have a couple fun hands though... 3 to be exact, at least that I can remember.


Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with 6♦ 6♣
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 2♥ 6♠ 6♥ (5SB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 8♥ (4.5BB, 2 players)
Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG+1 folds.

Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: 8.5BB

Meh, about as much as I can make from that one. So that was Quads #1... now this...


Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with 5♥ 5♠
Hero calls, 3 folds, MP3 raises, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 5♦ 5♣ 10♣ (8.67SB, 4 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets, BB calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: J♥ (6.33BB, 4 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets, BB folds, Hero raises, MP3 folds, CO calls.

River: J♦ (10.33BB, 2 players)
Hero bets, CO raises all-in $8, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 13BB

Poor guy had AJ... Too bad he was all-in, or I'd have made another $16 there.

Ok, those two were pretty boring, but the next hand is probably the funniest hand I've seen in a while.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP1 with Q♦ Q♠
UTG raises, 2 folds, Hero 3-bets, 6 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: Q♥ A♣ 7♠ (7.33SB, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG calls.

Turn: T♥ (4.67BB, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG calls.

River: Q♣ (6.67BB, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG caps, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 14.67BB


Uh... yeah. I got hard just a bit when he raised the river, and full on when he capped it. Then, I almost fell out of my chair when I saw what he had.

I'm sure your first guess is KJ, but that would make too much sense.

Villain shows AA.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Nice one-outer, me. Funny thing is, that pot should have been capped pretty well every street.

As for today, I finally got my cashout from AP, and then had what I had in my Stars account refunded to Neteller for me, so I could start a deadly new bonus deal on a Tribeca site. Just a nice little 50% bonus up to $500 that clears at the rate equivalent to 80% rakeback.

So, I put my $1000 on there, and let me tell you. It was like Party Poker circa 2004. Just unreal. I'd raise UTG with AA, get 3 or 4 coldcallers. I was still in my AP mode, so I 3-bet like 88 or something, and I would get one or two players calling THREE cold every time. I definitely needed to adjust a bit to the games there.

I played two sessions, with a dinner break in between tonight. The first session started out a bit rough, but I ended up making about $143 or so at the tables. There isn't a ton of traffic at VC Poker, but there was one full-ring game going from 2/4, 3/6, 4/8, and 5/10. Admittedly, 4/8 and 5/10 are slightly out of the roll at this point, but these games looked, and were so soft. Interestingly though, I continue to get kicked in the balls every time I play 5/10. I only lost 13 BB there, but it seems that everytime I get into a 5/10 game, I get hammered, no matter how soft it is. For example, while I was still on the stake from Simo, I took a shot at the 5/10 full game on AP the one time I saw it going and lost like 45 BB or something gross like that, which, along with some 3/6 losses for the night made up about 1/4 of my BR at the time. Not fun.

Anyways, so I made some perogies, and by "made", I mean "heated", as ISACooking, and then got back into a 2nd session. By now the 5/10 game had died, so I fired up the 4/8, 3/6, 2/4 games and the figured I might as well play a 1/2 game to clear some of the bonus. Well, I didn't run so well in the 2nd half.

Let's just put it this way: AhAx < 72h on a [6h 5h 7c Qh 5s] board, AcAx < J9c on a [3c 5c 2s Tc Kd] board, and finally, AA < QTo on a [Js 3h 8c 9c 7h] board. Add to that, KK < AQ, and we have about a $130 loss for the 2nd session.

All in all, I end up about $13 on the good side. Good day.

Well, at that point, my GF came home from work, so I spent a little time with her, then came back and took a look at AP, and noticed a decent 3/6 full game going. There were actually ZERO full games going on VC at this point, which was like 2 am EST. Played a bit there, ended up making a bit.

The most exciting/stupid thing I did tonight though, was sit in a shorthanded game. Basically, as the story goes, I used to crush the SH games on Stars until I hit the old 400 BB downswing and completely killed my confidence and turned me off of LHE for a while. I figured I'd give it a shot though, since single-tabling is sooooo boring.

I started out down a cool $80 or so while reajusting, but ended up on a nice run and booking about a $100 win over the 3/6 SH game, and the FR game, which is ok for me.

Btw, I got 1,782 hands in over the last two days, which is probably a bit less than I should be doing. Tomorrow and Saturday, I will probably put in some marathon sessions though, and probably do 3 or 4k hands this weekend.

Oh yeah, I also cleared about $60 worth of the bonus on VC. There's a bunch of skins offering the same bonus, if I get my money there before 1/31, so hopefully I can do a couple of these and add a bunch of free money to the roll, while taking advantage of the hilariously soft games.

Ok, this is WAAAAAAAAAAY too long, and probably pretty boring, so I'll end it now.

As it stands, BR = $1904.04, between AP and VC.

As an aside, I'm new to blogging, and really haven't even read very many before, so if anyone has any ideas on how I can make this more interesting, feel free to leave comments, or anything like that. I know dannyg said to write about drinking, but I've been real-life broke lately, aka sober.

Anywho, I'm out.

- Zach

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im enjoying the read so far.
just wanted to question the limping UTG at 3/6 on AP with 55 and 66. those are usually folds except in very loose/passive games.

the games have been bad/good enough that it may have been passive enough to do so, but that shouldn't be your default.

/lecture

i really don't know how to sign my name non-weirdly. here goes:

mrdannyg

damn, didn't work.